Monday, July 26, 2010

Nancy's Cordial


So I'm going to link this recipe with one of my favorite books - Anne of Green Gables. In the book, Anne mistakes wine for raspberry cordial, setting her friend drunk. So naturally, I searched everywhere for a raspberry cordial recipe. There was one on a PEI cooking website, but I think that would've taken an hour or more to make. There was the boiling, the measuring, and the preserving. To be honest, I didn't have the patience for that, even if it's Anne of Green Gables. There are two main ingredients that make a fruity cordial taste not like ginger, and not like the fruit itself.

INGREDIENTS:
Ginger-ale
Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries (anything that can be boiled to make a jam/sauce)

Step 1: Use leftover blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries to make a sauce. In this recipe, I used blueberries but I really recommend using raspberries. Put them in a saucepan, add a teaspoon of sugar if necessary, and a tablespoon of water. Boil until the fruit becomes soft and a sauce forms.
Step 2: Strain the fruit through a sieve and discard the fruit.
Step 3: In a tall glass, pour in ginger-ale to the top of the glass, and add a tablespoon of the sauce and stir fast until foam starts to over-flow the glass. Add ice, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment